On behalf of the APhA-ASP Pharmtoberfest Committee, we wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who participated in yesterday’s event! The following impact metrics represent a truly college-wide effort that showcased not only the various roles of pharmacists/pharmacy students in patient care, but also the breadth of our community.
In just 3 hours–
- 200 flu shots were administered — thanks to our preceptors, University Health Center, Dr. Upchurch, and the 3rd year pharmacy students that gave these vaccinations.
- 90 blood pressure and blood glucose screenings — thanks to our preceptors, screeners, and flow runners.
- 32 HIV screenings — thanks to LiveForward and the Department of Public Health.
- 13 Hepatitis C screenings — thanks to Dr. Seagraves and his team.
- 21 new voter registrations and 23 precinct changes — thanks to our APhA-ASP policy team.
- 26 bone marrow registry sign-ups — thanks to SOAP and NCPA.
- ~120 Georgia Prevention Project surveys regarding prescription use and misuse completed — thanks GenRx.
- ~35 booths from 23 organizations that educated patients on a number of different healthcare topics, including interactive games, and additional services/surveys (official totals still to come).
- Thank you to everyone who participated in the pumpkin painting contest! Our faculty/staff winners were from the Dean’s Office, and LKS won for the student organization contest.
Special thanks to Kroger, our sponsor, as well as UGA Miracle, the UGA College of Pharmacy Admissions Office, the Office of Emergency Preparedness, the UGA Police Department, and the University Health Center (UHC) for their support at this event.
It goes without saying that the success of this event would not be possible without the help and guidance of multiple faculty and staff members — thank you all!
[Photo above right: 2019 Pharmtoberfest Committee]