This page outlines criteria for the Masters Program courses only. The Certificate Program requires a separate admission criteria and application process. Please review the RS Certificate webpage for additional information on this path.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) is required. Preference will be given if applicant’s degree is in sciences, healthcare, or engineering.
- The minimum undergraduate GPA standard for admission to the Graduate School at the University of Georgia for applicants who do not have a prior graduate degree is 3.0.
- Preference will be given if applicant is employed in the pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology industries or related field.
- Applicants are encouraged to include in their application documents a company support letter.
- Daily access to a computer with required specifications and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Word, Excel) Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and Adobe Reader.
- You MUST apply also to the UGA Graduate School by the departmental deadline. UGA Graduate School Application – Refer to this URL for any questions on Graduate School Admission:
- Transcripts (domestic and international applicants): Two (2) official copies of academic transcripts from each higher education institution awarding a degree. Send directly to the UGA Graduate School.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation using the UGA Graduate School online recommendation form.
- Regulatory Sciences Department Application includes:
1. A statement of purpose
2. Professional resume
3. A department interview
- Applications must be received in the department by the noted deadlines in order to be considered for admission for the upcoming semester.
- The departmental deadline takes precedence over the UGA Graduate School Deadline.
- We will consider only complete applications.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to assure all documents are received by the noted deadline.
- Applicants may track their status by accessing the UGA Graduate School online tracking system at – gradstatus.uga.edu.
- The applicant is responsible for scheduling his/her interview with the Department and assuring the interview is scheduled PRIOR to the deadline.
- Once a decision has been made on your application, you will be contacted by the UGA Graduate School.
- Remember to review the Distance Learning Self-assessment to find out if you are a good candidate for online learning.
Graduate Records Examination (GRE) Information
The GRE is no longer required consideration for admission consideration into the MS Program.
Continuous Enrollment Policy
UGA Graduate School Policy on Continuous Enrollment – For details go to https://grad.uga.edu/index.php/current-students/enrollment-policy/
Time Limit Policy
Time limit Policy – In addition to the continuous enrollment policy, there is a time limit on Masters Coursework. This information comes from grad.uga.edu/index.php/current-students/policies-procedures/academics/types-of-degrees-offered/masters-degrees/. It says, All requirements for the (masters) degree must be completed within six years beginning with the first registration for graduate courses on the program of study. An extension of time may be granted only for conditions beyond the control of the individual.
Use of Credit Hours
Reminder about the use of your academic credit hours at the University of Georgia – Course and resident credit used to satisfy the requirements of one degree cannot be used to satisfy the requirements of another degree. For additional information on this Graduate School policy, please visit grad.uga.edu/index.php/current-students/policies-procedures/academics/use-of-credit/.
International students are encouraged to apply to the Regulatory Sciences program(s). At this time, however, the Regulatory Sciences Department does not offer sponsorship (various visas or assistantships).
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) requirements
TOEFL scores are required for both the Certificate and Masters Programs if you received your last degree from an institution where English is not the primary language. Therefore, you will need to provide official copies of your TOEFL scores to the UGA Graduate School in order to be considered for admission. Official scores are those sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions by Educational Testing Service. The scores may not be more than two years old.