This page outlines the process for applying to the RS Master’s Program both Thesis path and Project Path and also includes links to the application packets for the RS Certificate Program and CT Certificate Program.
- We admit into the RS Certificate Program and the RS Masters Program two times per year, once for Fall Semester and once for Spring Semester.
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree (or higher). Preference will be given if applicant’s degree is in sciences, healthcare or engineering.
- The minimum undergraduate GPA standard for admission to the Graduate School at the University of Georgia for applicants who do not have a prior graduate degree is 3.0.
- To the RS Department:
- Submit the departmental application (The Personal Profile document). This application is in PDF format and can be downloaded here: MS in Pharmacy with emphasis in Regulatory Sciences Application Packet.
- Submit a Statement of Purpose: Provide a statement of purpose – one page in length addressing why you are interested in this program.
- Submit a Resume: Professional résumé outlining applicant’s clinical trials or regulatory affairs experience.
- Submit a Professional or Academic Writing Sample:
- Not to exceed 5 pages
- On a regulatory sciences topic of your choice
- This sample helps the department to evaluate your writing skills and determine your communication style. Be sure that your writing sample is grammatically correct and free of typographical errors and misspellings. Send the writing sample to the department along with your Personal Profile.
- Arrange for a Departmental Interview PRIOR to the application deadline.
- Send the departmental information to email@example.com or by fax at 770-357-3805.
- To the UGA Graduate School:
- Ensure that you meet the UGA Graduate School requirements and that you apply to the UGA Graduate School at http://grad.uga.edu/index.php/prospective-students/domestic-application-information/requirements/application-forms/
- Make sure you note the proper program code in your UGA Graduate School application.
- MS_PHRM_GWON: Masters of Science Thesis option
- MS_PHRM_GONT: Masters of Science Project option
- Two official transcripts from ALL higher education institutions that you have attended. (If UGA, you do not need to submit; we will pull this document.)
- Three (3) letters of reference submitted online when you submit the application.
- Send this information to the UGA Graduate School using their online application form. Mail all transcripts directly to the Graduate School at:
- Submit ALL materials by the departmental deadlines.
- Preference will be given if an applicant is employed in the healthcare, pharmaceutical, medical device, biotechnology industries or related field.
- Applicants are encouraged to include in their application documents a company support letter.
- Daily access to a computer with required specifications and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and Adobe Reader.
- The departmental deadline takes precedence over the UGA Graduate School Deadline. Review the Application Deadlines page for additional information.
- We will consider only completed applications.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to assure all documents are received by the noted deadlines.
- Applicants may track their status by accessing the UGA Graduate School online tracking system at – gradstatus.uga.edu.
- Once a decision has been made on your application, you will be contacted by the UGA Graduate School.
- Remember to review the Distance Learning Self-assessment to find out if you are a good candidate for online learning.
International students are encouraged to apply to the Clinical Trials Program. At this time, however, the Regulatory Affairs Department does not offer sponsorship (neither visa sponsorships or departmental assistantships).
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) requirements
TOEFL scores are required for both the Certificate and Masters Programs if you received your last degree from an institution where English is not the primary language. You will need to provide official copies of your TOEFL scores to the UGA Graduate School in order to be considered for admission. Official scores are those sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions by Educational Testing Service. The scores may not be more than two years old. The minimum scores are: 213 (computer-based test) or 550 (paper-based test).
Remember to check the International Application Deadlines.
MS in Pharmacy with Emphasis in Regulatory Sciences Application Packet
Download the MS in Pharmacy with Emphasis in Regulatory Sciences application packet here.
RS Certificate Program Application Packet
Download the RS Certificate Program application packet here.
CT Certificate Program Application Packet
Download the CT Certificate Program application packet here.