Becoming a UGA Pre-Pharmacy Student gives you early access to the wide world of pharmacy through supportive advising within the College of Pharmacy, itself. Pre-Pharmacy Advisors will mentor you when choosing the right academic and extra-curricular experiences in preparation to attend UGA’s top-ranked Pharm.D. program.
Life of a Pre-Pharmacy Student
Being a PharmDawg is fun! Every UGA Pre-Pharmacy Student gets free swag (think awesome shirts, cool socks, spirit pennants, and more…); and, the connections you’ll make with other future pharmacists will last a lifetime.
Things You Will Need
- Use the Pre-Pharmacy Advising Team’s email address: email@example.com. Email us for any questions and when you’re ready to set up an advising appointment!
- Study the Pre-Pharmacy Checklist of courses needed before entering pharmacy school before your advising appointment. Use the 2-/3-Year Program of Study as a template. (Your plan may need to be different; make sure to contact a Pre-Pharmacy Advisor!)
- Get to know UGA’s PharmD program by attending as many recruitment/admissions events as possible.
- Stay involved in the Pre-Pharmacy Society of UGA; follow them on Instagram for the latest updates!
- Learn more about pharmacy careers by visiting the UGA Pharmacy Career Exploration Portal.
Consider Majoring in Pharmaceutical Sciences
Even though you can be in any major while a Pre-Pharmacy Student, most choose Pharmaceutical Sciences since the same person will serve as both your Primary Academic Advisor and Pre-Pharmacy Advisor. If majoring in something else, you will need to be cleared for course registration each semester by your program’s Academic Advisor.
[Ready to apply to UGA’s Pharm.D. program? Visit the Prospective Student Page to learn how!]