The University of Georgia College of Pharmacy offers the Doctor of Pharmacy professional degree.
Based in Athens, Georgia and affiliated with the Georgia Health Sciences University in Augusta, the college admits around 145 students a year. The four-year professional program integrates classroom, laboratory and experiential training in a curriculum organized around both human physiology and disease states in order to prepare students for any aspect of the pharmacy profession.
In addition, the college offers a Bachelors of Science degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences and graduate studies in disciplines associated with pharmacotherapeutic research, clinical work and administration.
The College of Pharmacy will be a pre-eminent institution delivering the highest quality education, research opportunities, and service toward the advancement of the Pharmacy profession, pharmaceutical sciences, and biomedical sciences.
The mission of the UGA College of Pharmacy is to make a positive difference in the lives and health of the citizenry of Georgia, the nation, and the global community by
- Developing in its Pharmacy students the knowledge, skills, abilities, behaviors, and attitudes necessary to become professional, compassionate, and patient-centered practitioners;
- Graduating students in the Pharmaceutical Sciences who possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, behaviors, and attitudes necessary to support the pharmaceutical industry through the discovery, development, and delivery of new therapeutic agents;
- Conducting internationally-recognized research in the biomedical, pharmaceutical, and clinical sciences and translating scientific findings into innovative approaches to healthcare;
- Engaging in impactful service through community outreach and experiential programming designed to focus on improving the health and well-being of individuals and society;
- Prioritizing interdisciplinary research and interprofessional education to improve communication and practice models, therapeutic treatments, and disease prevention; and
- Instilling in our graduates the value of life-long learning and continuing professional improvement.
The College is committed to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, and service. As such, the College embraces advancement, challenges mediocrity, and works toward the development of new knowledge through continuous improvement and innovation.
The College holds its faculty, staff, students, and institution accountable to the highest standards of ethical behavior, honesty, integrity, and conduct.
The College provides clear direction for emerging and novel perspectives while assuring compassion, flexibility, professional responsibility, and personal accountability.
Collaboration and Communication
The College promotes professional and interprofessional collaborations to enhance and encourage the reciprocal sharing of information and ideas, to develop mutual respect across disciplines and professions, and to illuminate new areas of research and discovery in response to societal needs for health and wellness.
Diversity and Inclusion
The College recognizes the value of the cultural, individual, and experiential differences present throughout its institution and embraces this diversity through a culture of inclusiveness.
Service and Outreach
The College is dedicated to fostering life-long learning opportunities and to promoting sustained research and scholarship activities.
The College supports a collegial environment and encourages its members to engage in its growth and welfare through their active interest in and contributions to the governance of the College.