The mission of the Office of Business Affairs is to support the College of Pharmacy’s mission of education, research, service and outreach, by providing administrative support and relevant and accurate financial information in a timely manner and facilitating transactions to optimize the use of available College resources.
The College of Pharmacy Office of Business Affairs is the administrative support unit for financial and personnel matter for all college departments. In this role the office staff review all financial and personnel transactions in a timely manner, and ensure documents concur with established UGA policies and procedures. The staff provides assistance and advice to the College of Pharmacy staff and faculty. The objective of the Business Affairs website is to direct staff and faculty to relevant University policies and procedures relating to the following areas–-Financial, Human Resources (Personnel) and Contracts and Grants.
You will find information relating to the Business Affairs staff, administrative policies and procedures, and other matters of interest on these pages. All hires, payroll changes, purchases, travel expenses and travel authorities, etc. flow through this office.
Q: What is a UGA MyID and how do I request one?
The UGA MyID is the sign-on name that students, faculty, and staff use to access a wide range of online services at UGA. Each MyID has a password associated with it that needs to be supplied when accessing these services. To request a UGA MyID please go to the link below. This is only available on the UGA campus network.
Q: How do I report annual or sick leave? How do I check my current leave balance?
Please complete your leave request by logging into OneUSG Connect Employee Self-Service at the URL below:
Q: How do I make a reservation for a College of Pharmacy vehicle?
All vehicle reservations are made online. Please read the instructions on how to create an account and request a reservation at the link below.
Q: How do I change my tax deduction?
Employees can update their W4 and G4 withholding information using the OneUSG Connect Employee Self Service page.
Q: How do I setup my direct deposit?
Employees can enter and update their Direct Deposit information using the OneUSG Connect Employee Self Service page. All employees are required to enroll in direct deposit.
Q: My bank account information has changed (i.e. bank account closed, changed banks, new routing number). What do I need to do to change this information?
Employees can submit an update to their Direct Deposit information using the OneUSG Connect Employee Self Service page.
Q: If I’m a biweekly employee how do I report my hours worked in OneUSG Connect?
Depending on your method of time entry you’ll utilize one of the following:
-KABA biometric clock (used for fingerprint to identify yourself)
– Entering your time worked into a timesheet in OneUSG Connect
-Reporting time in OneUSG Connect using pay from schedule
Q: What is and how do I apply for leave under FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act)?
Any employee (including part-time and temporary) of the University of Georgia, who has…
- been employed by the University of Georgia for at least twelve months total (not necessarily the last twelve months), and
- worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12-month period immediately preceding the leave
…is eligible to be granted family leave for conditions authorized by the Family and Medical Leave Act. The Act provides that employees may be granted up to twelve work weeks of job-protected leave during a 12-month period, or 26 work weeks in the case of qualifying exigencies related to certain military-related situations. You can find the link below for more information and forms related to FMLA.
Q: What is and how do I apply for the Shared Sick Leave Program?
The Shared Sick Leave Program provides a means for USG employees to donate paid sick leave to a shared leave pool and for fellow employees who meet the eligibility provisions set forth in this policy to request leave from the pool.
You can find the link below for more information related to the Shared Leave program.
Q: How do I update my mailing address or home phone number?
Employees can update their mailing address and home phone number using the OneUSG Connect Employee Self Service page.
Q: When will I get paid?
Payment for services performed by a UGA employee will be made on regularly scheduled pay dates only. You can find the link to the UGA payroll calendars below. Please check with your department administrative staff or the Office of Business Affairs if you have questions about your type of employment.
Finance & Budgets
Forward checks as received to the Office of External Affairs for processing.
The internal Event Budget Request form is required in addition to the UGAF form for income.
All events that will generate revenue, through the University of Georgia Foundation are subject to this policy. See link for full policy
For any events falling under this policy, an approved copy of the Event Approval Form should accompany all University of Georgia Foundation deposits. See link for Event Approval Form.
Please forward the necessary forms to the Office of Business Affairs at least 30 days prior to the event.
College of Pharmacy Event Budget Request Form:
All events must have an Event Budget Request form approved by the Dean. Please estimate expenses and indicate the type of funding that will be used. Please use state funds, when expenses are allowable.
The Event Budget Request and other College of Pharmacy forms may be downloaded under Business Forms at https://rx.uga.edu/faculty-staff-2/
Please forward the necessary forms to the Office of Business Affairs at least 30 days prior to the event.
Logos and Trademark Approvals”
Use of UGA logos and trademarks must be approved by the Office of Public Affairs. See link for full policy and approval form.
Grants & Contracts
Pre-award and post-award grants and contracts are handled by the Office of Business Affairs. If you have questions about pre-award or post-award grants or contracts, contact Jennifer Caplinger at 706-542-5291.
There are four categories of employees based on pay type–Academic, Monthly, Salaried and Hourly. Academic employees are those appointments on 9-month (academic year) contracts. Academic employees on 12-month contracts (fiscal year) are paid as monthly employees. Exempt employees are also included in the monthly category. Salaried employees are non-exempt employees who are paid on a bi-weekly basis. Hourly employees are temporary and student workers.
Please do not allow anyone to work until all appropriate hiring paperwork has been completed, including the I-9 and Background Investigation. Incomplete and incorrect I-9 information will result in hiring delays and could result in fines from Immigration and Naturalization Service. UGA requires that all offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation.
All categories of employees are subject to the nepotism policy (employment of relatives). UGA’s policy relating to nepotism provides guidelines which do not allow employees to influence the hiring, supervision, promotion, or compensation of a relative. The nepotism policy is available at this link.
The Office of Business Affairs staff will provide you information and help relating to HR and payroll questions. The Office of Business Affairs must be informed when an employee is planning to leave the College. This will allow the Office of Business Affairs to make sure that the Department has completed the necessary paperwork and to take the concerned employee off payroll.
Job Posting & Reclassification
Form for Request to Fill a Position
A Request to Fill Position form must be completed before a position is posted. Completed forms must be forwarded to the Office of Business Affairs for approval. The Critical Position Personnel Action Request form can be located at: http://www.busfin.uga.edu/forms/request_to_fill_position.pdf
(Note: We will post an updated form soon.)
iPAWS–Integrated Position and Applicant Workforce System
iPAWS is UGA’s online employment system. All positions must be posted on iPAWS. Any position to be posted must be initiated by the concerned department and forwarded to the Office of Business Affairs for approval after a request to fill a position has been approved.
Click here for administrative login to iPaws
Filling Vacant Faculty Positions
Any position that is to be filled due to retirement or resignation of a faculty member must be approved by the Dean prior to instituting a search. This applies to all faculty positions, academic or administrative, and to all colleges, schools and other budgetary and academic units.
Starting Salaries for Employees
All starting salaries must be reviewed and approved by the College of Pharmacy Dean’s Office before offers of employment are extended.
The College of Pharmacy leave system has been replaced by OneUSG Connect. Please complete your leave request by logging in to OneUSG Connect Employee Self-Service at the URL below:
Vehicle Policies and Procedures
The College of Pharmacy has made the following vehicles available for official use to faculty, staff and authorized students:
- Vehicle #94529–Chevy Malibu Sedan (Albany)–Please contact the Albany office at 229-312-2151 for reservations.
- Vehicle #95649–Ford Focus Sedan (Athens–for External Affairs use only)
- Vehicle #94831–Chevy Uplander Minivan (Athens)
- Vehicle #95650–Ford Focus Sedan (Augusta)–Please contact Becky Glosson or Kathi Hardwick at 706-721-4915 or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations.
- Vehicle #95520–Kia Sedona (Athens)
1. College of Pharmacy vehicles are available for official use by faculty and staff. Students may use the vehicle based on prior authorization by a responsible faculty or staff member. However, a student is not authorized to put fuel in the vehicle.
2. Drivers must have a valid Georgia driver’s license and are responsible for conforming to all applicable traffic laws, parking regulations, and all state/University policies regarding use and operation of state vehicles.
3. UGA policy does not allow an employee to take a state vehicle home or to have family members ride along without the Dean’s approval.
4. Each vehicle has a Fuel Card in the glove compartment. For the Fuel Card to work it must be used along with your 6-digit pin on your UGA Card (6 digits in between 810 and the last digit). If the Fuel Card does not work for some reason on your trip, you may use your own credit card and get reimbursed through a check request (you will need your receipt).
5. When you drive the state vehicle (in-state or out-of-state) during an overnight stay, please reserve the vehicle as usual. The Office of Business Affairs will make a determination based on availability to allow you to use state vehicle or not. You will receive an e-mail confirmation. The only exception is leaving the state vehicle at the airport. Please do not leave state vehicles at airports. This will allow the vehicle to be available to others.
6. The vehicle reservation system will automatically send out e-mail notification whether a vehicle reservation is confirmed or not. Please attach a copy of the email notification to your Travel Expense statement if the vehicle was not available. This will assist the Office of Business Affairs staff to make a decision regarding your travel reimbursement request.
7. The keys can be picked up the day before, if you plan to leave early in the morning, or on the day you plan to travel. When you return, please make sure the keys are returned to the Office of Business Affairs right away. The Office of Business Affairs must know where you have parked the vehicle since someone else may be in line for use of this vehicle. After normal work hours keys may be placed in the drop box outside the Office of Business Affairs.
8. When returning the vehicle please keep the following in mind:
a. Keys must be turned into the Office of Business Affairs immediately upon return.
b. Keys may be placed in the drop box after business hours along with a note that indicates where the vehicle is parked.
c. In case the gas tank is below the ¼ mark please use VTM – Fuel depot on River Road to gas up using the gas card in the glove compartment of the vehicle. The VTM Fuel Depot is open 7:00 am to 11:00 pm, Monday thru Friday. Your UGA Card will be needed.
d. Please remove all personal belongings when the vehicle is returned. The interior must be in clean condition so that it can be available to others for use.
9. On the use of personal vehicles by employees for UGA business the UGA travel policy indicates “If a government-owned vehicle is available, and its use is determined to be the most advantageous to the state, or if it is determined that a rental vehicle is the recommended mode of travel, but a personal motor vehicle is used, the employee will be reimbursed at $0.17 per mile.” Please note that this rate is subject to change based on the State’s directives. See UGA Travel Policy at http://www.policies.uga.edu/FA/nodes/view/456/Travel.
10. If you cancel your reservation for any reason, please let the Office of Business Affairs know immediately by e-mailing Melba Shelton at email@example.com. This will help ensure that funds relating to your travel are un-encumbered on the Accounting system.
11. For out of state travel, employees will be more than welcome to carpool with the state vehicle when driving to the meeting location. Requests for state vehicles to be left at the airport for a few days will not be entertained.
12. State vehicle use:
a. Each state vehicle is now provided with a vehicle log that must be updated by all users. The log requires the user to indicate date the vehicle is used, business purpose (what did you use it for?) and begin and end odometer. This is an additional procedure that will be required. The Office of Business Affairs will review this on a regular basis. All faculty/ staff/ students must update log each time a trip is undertaken.
b. When an employee uses UGA gas card (stored inside of vehicle glove compartment) along with their UGA card to purchase gasoline, gasoline receipts from these outside sources (other than Vehicle Transportation & Maintenance–VTM) must be obtained and submitted to the Office of Business Affairs for reconciliation after returning from a trip. This, too, is an additional procedure. These receipts will be reconciled on a regular basis.
c. To assist with faculty and staff travel, a Global Positioning System (GPS) is available in the Office of Business Affairs. This may be requested along with the vehicle. It will be available on first-come first-serve basis. Please note that it must be returned with the vehicle keys.
Make a Vehicle Reservation
How to Make a Vehicle Reservation Using Booked
The College uses Booked for all vehicle reservations. You will be able to make your own vehicle reservations online. Please read the instructions below and if you have any questions about how to use the vehicle reservations system, email Jeanne Prine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reserve vehicles or view reservations you will need to create an account on Booked by going to College of Pharmacy Booked.
Step One–Register (create an account)
Go to College of Pharmacy Booked. You will be asked to enter a username and password to use for your new account. Next select your timezone (select North America/New York) and choose the page you want to see first whenever you log on. You can select Bookings (weekly view), MyCalendar (your personal calendar), or the Resource Calendar (College vehicle reservations calendar—monthly view). For your convenience, we suggest using Bookings or the Resource Calendar as your preferred page. After making your initial selection, you can change your home page at any time by going to My Account > Profile.
Step Two–Enter your email preference
Under My Account > Notification Preferences you can choose to receive automatic email notification when your reservation is approved by the Office of Business Affairs. Unless you choose this option, you will need to check the Bookings view (Schedule > Bookings) to see when Business Affairs confirms your choice of vehicle, date and time. We strongly suggest that you select automatic email notification.
Step Three–Create a Reservation
You can make a vehicle reservation using the Resource Calendar (Schedule > Resource Calendar) or Bookings view (Schedule > Bookings). All reservations are pending until confirmed by Business Affairs.
Step Four—Return Keys and Notify Business Office
When you return the keys, be sure to let Business Affairs know where the vehicle is parked. Please email Melba Shelton at email@example.com or call 706-542-3505 (leave voice message if after normal business hours).
Who do I contact for help with my reservation?
For questions about your reservation or available vehicles, contact Melba Shelton at 706-542-3505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical assistance, contact Jeanne Prine at email@example.com or 706-542-5354.