About the Summer Science Institute
The Dean Stuart Feldman Summer Science Institute is designed to provide an introduction and overview of the many career opportunities available in the pharmacy profession. The program exposes rising juniors and seniors in high school unique classroom and laboratory experiences including an early look at the components students should expect from a college experience.
This unique program includes…
- A opportunity to live the “college” life: You will not only enjoy academic discussions during the day but also make new friends (and meet caring, college-age mentors) during exciting activities!
- College-level academics: You will conduct scientific research and participate in academic discourse with renowned faculty.
- Site visits to several research laboratory environments: You will get a behind-the-scenes look at where life-saving work in the pharmaceutical sciences take place on UGA’s campus.
- Research teams project presentations: Working as a team, you will experience what it feels like to be a college student as you present your research findings.
- Guest presenters: You will hear from the brightest minds in pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences today.
Participants are expected daily and must participate actively in all facets of the program.
For more information, please contact Dr. Vivia Hill-Silcott at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 706-542-6466.